Monday 3 September 2012

SHOTOVER CANYON SWING

We were lucky enough to experience the Shotover Canyon Swing as part of our Famils at College. This I was extremely excited about, because I had done it the previous year and absolutely loved it! It was a bitter cold morning, but beautiful clear skies.

 We met at the shop at 9am, filled out safety forms and got weighed. They drew little pictures on our hands to signify our weight, like a secret code which I thought was a brilliant idea as it doesn't directly show peoples weights which is good for people who may be self conscious.

We piled into the van, and the staff put on a video about the Canyon Swing and all the different ways we could jump off. This was also a great idea as it hyped everyone up and got us all excited.


We arrived at the Canyon 15 minutes later and headed down to the platform.The staff on the platform were amazing. They were really funny and kind guys who tried to scare people for a laugh. They were however very professional and very knowledgeable about the product and their procedures.

 I was the second person in line to jump and the adrenaline started pumping. I walked towards the edge of the 109M cliff and turned around as I chose to jump off backwards. This was absolutely terrifying as I couldn't see the direction I was going to fall. A minute later, I was plummeting down a 60M free fall at 150KMPH and then swung over the Shotover River. The feeling of falling backwards was one of the scariest things I have ever done, but it was so much fun.


The staff at Shotover Canyon Swing, I believe showed us the best customer service. They communicated with our class extremely well by telling jokes and talking about the nightlife and social side of Queenstown which the class loved. They were very professional and willing to answer any of our questions, and gave us all a hug after we had jumped which I thought was really cool.




They made the entire experience very fun and memorable and I would reccommend every one to go the Canyon Swing. If your not confident enough to jump, I would go along and watch and support friends and family! Its a great view and a very enjoyable experience. Check out the Canyon Swing Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment