Sunday 2 September 2012

AJ HACKETT LEDGE BUNGY


Another one of our Familiarisation visits was theAJ Hackett Ledge Bungy. To add to the thrill, we did it in the dark! I had already done three previous bungy jumps in different locations, so I knew what to expect more than the others in my class, but I was very excited to do the jump at night time. Another difference with this bungy, was that we were attached into a harness around our waists. This allowed us to do many different jump styles instead of the standard forward jump making the experience even more fun!


We filled out all of the safety forms, headed down to the platform, and got geared up by the entertaining jump masters. The staff were great. Very casual and kind in the way they greeted us, but very professional and serious about their duties. They asked us questions about where we were form, how nervous we were and shared a few jokes to lighten the mood for the nervous people!


Eventually it was my turn to jump. The atmosphere was great. Twinkling lights of Queenstown were below me, with the intense bright light from the full moon behind the Remarkables mountain range. Music was pumping in the platform, and my friends were cheering me on to jump, so I did! The experience of falling into the dark was scary but so much fun. I loved it. Swinging in the freezing cold with my heart pumping from the adrenaline.

Overall the experience at the bungy was fantastic. The staff made it extra enjoyable by the great customer servive, they were friendly and could communicate very well with teenagers which is sometimes hard to do! I would reccomend this bungy jump to everyone. It's a great choice for those who are less confident about bungy jumps, as this jump is not very high and your attached by your waist not your feet.



No comments:

Post a Comment